Spanish IEP Training
To provide training participants with resources, tools and knowledge to interpret at IEP team meetings and translate special education documents.
MEETING PARTICIPANTS WILL:
• Gain awareness of the IEP process and procedures
• Be familiar with the IEP document and the various sections
• Be knowledgeable of the protocol for oral interpretation
• Be familiar with the technical terminology
• Practice interpretation and sight translations
These trainings are conducted by the Division of Special Education. Please view the following bulletin for additional details:
ORAL INTERPRETATION AT IEP MEETING, Ref 1596.9 (PDF)
The purpose of this Reference Guide is to:
(1) inform school administrators of District, nonpublic, and affiliated/dependent charter schools of their responsibility to provide parents with oral interpretation in the home language of the parent, when requested, at an individualized education program (IEP) team meeting; and
(2) provide procedures, forms, and resources to assist schools in providing oral interpretation at IEP team meetings when requested by a parent.